??????
??????
[img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]
prolly got pulled cause you were an insensitive jerk about it.
Reeking of awesomeness!
probably thought it might make some of his family members that get on here and read a little angry [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
2006 Chick-Fil-A Bowl Champions
Hokies 24 Bulldogs 31
R.I.P. UgaVI 1999-2008
"Damn good dog!"
I locked it because it wasn't going anywhere good.
You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."
Thank you retiredteach.
Reeking of awesomeness!
From ESPN.com
It is such a sad day in the football world. Indiana head coach Terry Hoeppner has passed on.
He was one of those rare men in the business who you never seemed to hear anything negative about, not from his colleagues nor from those who covered him in the press.
I remember being told about him from those who knew him from his days in the MAC, and they were adamant that he would be the man to turn downtrodden Indiana into a winner. They said he instilled such faith and commitment into everyone around him, he would will the Hoosiers to a bowl game. He would, as the cliché goes, change the culture in Bloomington. And sure enough, Hoeppner appeared to have the IU program heading that way before cancer got to him.
Hoeppner's character, the upbeat charming way he could win anyone over, obviously had a great impact everywhere he coached. If you were fortunate enough to have spoken to him even once, you knew that he probably would've been a huge success at whatever business he was in because he was so good with people.
The time I spent with him for a magazine story a few years back is fresh in my mind now.
I was on the road in Virginia working on a Marcus Vick story when Coach Hoeppner returned my call. We chatted for 20 minutes. He was gracious and charming and folksy, the kind of guy who could fill up a notebook and put a nice spin on your day because he could make you laugh. I needed just one quote and instead I ended up with three or four glowing anecdotes. And so I could see how well that spirit could translate in a locker room. He reminded me a lot of Wyoming coach Joe Glenn in that he was one of those guys you try to get to know because you hear all the stories about what a great guy he is. And usually when such stories are coming from cynics like many of us in the media, that's not a long list.
I'm sure you'll see plenty of sweet recollections about what Hoeppner meant to his players and colleagues over the next few days. I'll try and read as many of them as I can. This morning the Indy Star had a good story penned by 21-year-old Brian Jonosch, the editor of the Indiana Daily Student about what Hoeppner meant to the students there.
"In one year, just one year, he turned the attitude around here from "Who cares," to "You know what, maybe there's a chance." And that's all we could ask for having not visited a bowl game in more than a decade. It's a shame that we students won't get to be yelled at by Coach Hep any more. It's a shame that he won't be challenging us to stay up all night long in preparation for the Homecoming game. But more than anything, it's a shame that he will never get his due credit for changing an entire school's attitude toward football. I hope we make a bowl game this year. And when we do, I hope Terry Hoeppner gets his name sprawled really big across our new stadium."
I hope he does too.
Reeking of awesomeness!
Bookmarks